Formula LI Effector and Liquorice – Applicator Formula LI Effector and Liquorice – Swatches
It ’ second Skin : office 10 Formula LI Effector + Liquorice ( 30ml )
- Uses liquorice extracts to lighten freckles, dark sports, and discolourations
- Brighten the skin, and thus reduces redness
- Prolonged use can repair sun damaged skin
WATER, GLYCYRRHIZA GLABRA ( LICORICE ) ROOT EXTRACT, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, POLYGLUTAMIC ACID, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, CARBOMER, ETHYL HEXANEDIOL, TRIETHANOLAMINE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, DISODIUM EDTA
The ‘ Irritants ’ / Comedogenic
- Butylene Glycol (
) : This ingredient stops the product from drying out, and enhances skin penetration to other ingredients. Butylene Glycol is a possible acne trigger if applied in its pure form. Numerous studies have been conducted on this ingredient, and have deemed it appropriate to be used in cosmetics/skincare.
- Triethanolamine (
) : This ingredient aims to be a PH adjuster for your skin. However, studies have shown that Triethanolamine can cause allergic reactions, and as such this ingredient is normally flagged in a lot of skin care databases. Additionally, this ingredient has been linked as a toxin towards the human skin/immune system & respiratory system. Fret not, as this is only for high dosages (concentration of more than 5%), but in order for skincare products to have this ingredient, the concentration is limited to 0.5%. This ingredient is normally (but not always) found in discontinuous (brief) use products like face masks.
Mildly Comedogenic = The chances of this ingredient clogging your pores is not likely .
Highly Comedogenic = A potent chance that this ingredient will clog your pores .
- Glycyrrhiza Glabra ( Liquorice ) root excerpt :A superstar ingredient that has anti – inflammatory and anti – bacterial properties. Glycyrrhiza Glabra (liquorice) also stimulates melanin production (which is essential in treating hyper-pigmentation), and therefore has been linked to skin-lightening products. Additionally, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (liquorice) also consists of ‘ Flavonoid‘ (this is the plant’s nutrients that make up the plant). Due to this, liquorice extract is filled with numerous amounts of antioxidants, and is perfect for keeping the skin healthy. I pulled this information from a closed journal, meaning the journal is not open to the public, but i have summarised the important bits about Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Source A & B).
- glycerol : Is found naturally topically on our skin, and helps our skin stay soft & supple. It ‘draws’ water from beneath our skin layers to the top, and this will result in this ingredient treating dry skin conditions topically. However, when too much pure glycerin is added in a product, this can actually be negative for you. Needless to say, too much of pure glycerin will continue to take water from our layers underneath our skin, until it is dehydrated.
Scent ( 3/5 ) : There is a minimal ‘ sour ’ olfactory property to this product ( which I assume is the aroma of the licorice ), and the scent fades away when applied to the expression .
texture of the intersection ( 4/5 ) : The serum is of a blockheaded formulation for serums, and it is not tacky or watery .
Application ( 4/5 ) : The application of this serum to the font is fantastic, and is absorbed within seconds. additionally, even though the serum is blockheaded it does not leave a sticky residue behind, and feels light when applied on to the open of the skin .
timbre of product ( 3/5 ) : There is not much ingredients in this serum, and this is constantly a bonus for me. When it comes to skincare and deciding on what products to put on my skin, the job can be unvoiced at times. however, a rule of finger used in a skin care is to look for minimal ingredients. This shows more saturated ingredients in the peel worry product, and less ‘ fillers ’ are used in the conceptualization. Included in the top 3 out of the 11 ingredients contained are ( Liquorice ) root infusion & Glycerin. Both these skin care ingredients are antic, and are heavily concentrated in this serum. however, Liquorice excerpt is more aim to target the brown coloured stain seen in the peel. These brown areas/spots on the skin is seen from hyper pigmentation, sun damage, and old acne scars that turn brown. Keep in heed that this serum is not meant to treat stain of red. besides keep in mind that one major defect in this serum comes from how the first ingredient used in this conceptualization is body of water. additionally another con of this product is how small the serum is, and at most this serum will last a month .
overall Performance/ Effects :
- Lightened fresh brown discoloration from acne scares
- Liquorice extract is a fantastic ingredient in skin care and is filled with anti – oxidants
- Formulation was not tacky or watery, but thick
- The formulation of the serum did not leave a residue behind on the skin
- Minimal scent that fades away upon application
- Dries matte
- Did not reduce redness
- The serum’s main ingredient is water, liquorice root extract, and Glycerin
- The size of the serum is extremely small (only 30 ml), this at most can last you 1 month used morning and night. However if you only use this at night, this serum can last for 2 months.
- With how small this serum is, I would recommend using this as a spot corrector. Luckily my entire face isn’t filled with fresh brown stain from acne scares, only some areas have these brown spots. Since the main and only purpose of this product is to reduce brown discolouration, it seems pointless to put this product on my entire face.
duration of clothing : 3/11/2016 – 1/12/2016
buy back : Yes .
I am not expecting a miracle from this product ( since the price is therefore low ), but if you have fresh brown stain from acne scares, I 100 % recommend this serum to be used as a spot treatment on those areas.
overall rat : 3.5
monetary value : $ 15.50 AUS
What do I mean by :
Fresh brown stain from acne scares – > once you pop a pimple, in my experience it either gets more inflame or calms down. If the pimple decides to ‘ calm ’ down a scar will be left behind. sometimes the scratch can turn a brown color, and if this happens this serum is a thoroughly sterilize to reduce the brown university discoloration .
All products are purchased with my money. I am not sponsored to review any products, nor do i have affiliate links. I am however a proud affiliate with WishTrend, and I in truth adore how they promote good skin health. All opinions are 100 % honest, and written from my personal experience .
Irritants are flagged from skin concern database : CosDNA
cosmetic ingredients data was accessed from public domains ( unless referenced in-text ). More detailed information can be found on : TruthInAging & Paula ’ randomness Choice
Since give voice iron is a release to use chopine, you might occasionally you might see an ad on my page. This is placed by WordPress and not by me .